Friday, January 6, 2017

An Old Photo...

This is a photo that was left over from my attempts at selling nature photography around 20 years ago....  You can see I was using the name of "Monica," which is my middle name, and the date was 1996.

The plant in the photo has green leaves and red berries.--It's called "wintergreen."  Both the leaves and berries are edible, and they have a minty taste which is used to flavour chewing gum, candy, and toothpaste, etc.

It was in 1998 that the scandal broke out about U.S. President, Bill Clinton, and Monica Lewinsky.... These days, people are sending sexual messages and photos by cell phone and on the Internet, often with disastrous consequences.... In my legal matters, which are discussed in the Waterlily Story blogs, I had unfortunately made a "Monica-joke" at the beginning; and I've still been trying to live it down and to clarify what I was thinking....  There can be a lot of prejudice created by these kinds of situations--depending on the receivers and how they react to them--and I feel sorry for some young girls in Canada who made mistakes in judgment and were pushed to the point of suicide.... It's much better to avoid these behaviours in the first place, in my opinion.... [Which I can say in hindsight!] People think they can have confidence in what they're doing but it can too easily turn out differently than they expected...!

No comments:

Post a Comment