Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Getting Along With My Mother--Part 2

Note:  This post is continued from a post on April 20.

After I was grown up, my mother happened to mention to me one day that she suspected her grandfather had been an alcoholic and she thought she, herself, might have an "alcoholic personality."  I thought this was a very honest and open-minded comment.  My mother didn't drink for religious reasons but she was like an alcoholic, in different ways, in my opinion....  They say that children of alcoholics can abuse alcohol or the grandchildren can be affected also....  [And there are other addictions besides alcohol.]  I studied about alcoholism because my husband had been an alcoholic....

In my opinion, my mother may have also had Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder/ADHD a little; and I think I have it somewhat, also...?  I've learned to overcome part of it; and I make an effort to control it by eating regular meals....  I've never had treatment for it, specifically, so far, and am not sure if I need it?  [And I'm not sure if many treatments are available...?]  I may just have bad nerves sometimes, after all I've been through with my family and with life, and my nerves are being treated....

No comments:

Post a Comment