Friday, March 17, 2017

Scented Flowers

Recently I was walking past my neighbourhood flower shop and saw some potted primula flowers in the window. They looked very cheerful and I decided to buy one. Then I was at the grocery store and saw some good-quality potted hyacinth bulbs for a low price; and I decided to buy one of those, also. Hyacinths have been one of my favourite flowers for a long time because they have such a pleasant scent!  When I got the primula home, I was happily surprised to find that it also had quite a strong, pleasant scent!  My small home became filled with the scent of flowers!

When the winter months start to feel long and it seems that spring is far away, that's a time when I especially like to buy flowers....  If I'm feeling down at other times, I also like to buy flowers and it makes a difference!

Among the commercial, cut flowers, it seems that not many have the scents that they used to...? But there are some, here and there.  One time, I had a wrist corsage made from a "delphinium orchid," if I recall, and it had a wonderful fragrance!

Flowers can be very pleasant, and if they give off a sweet scent it's an extra bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment