Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Cameras I've Used

The cameras I used for most of the earliest photos in this blog were a 110-size instamatic--I don't recall the brand--and also disposable cameras which contained 35 mm film....  Then I was able to buy a used Minolta SLR camera from a second-hand store.  The salesman said it was in "pristine condition" and I enjoyed using it for a number of years, even though I had only one lens...and a tripod.

In 2003, the Minolta company joined with Konica; and in 2006, I believe they sold their camera division to SONY.   www.sony.ca

There came a day when I accidentally dropped my Minolta camera on the ground and wasn't able to repair it....  I used some disposable cameras again, for a little while, and they weren't identified as 35 mm or anything special, that I recall...?  I also don't remember the brand names....  Then I got an Olympus Digital e-420 camera and I've enjoyed using it....  It has both automatic and manual focus options on it....   www.getolympus.com

Have never actually taken a photography class but I've learned on my own from books, somewhat; and I belonged to a camera club for a while, as an online member....  It seems the club is no longer functioning, at this time.  In the distant past, I also took a commercial floral-design course by correspondence; and all the teaching designs were simple drawings within frames.--I learned some principles of design on paper, which was similar to looking at photographs....  Even though flower arrangements are different from photos, of course....  But you never know where you can learn from...and if you get started, you can learn as you go along...!

No comments:

Post a Comment