Thursday, August 2, 2018

Nature Art--63





The flowers on this vine are called Morning Glory.  They normally bloom in the morning and then their petals fold up for the rest of the day.








NOTE, added on August 8, 2018:   In the past, in my blogs, I've stated I wanted to keep the nature blog separate from the Waterlily blogs--except when there were overwhelming issues which overlapped.  Also, I recently stated in Waterlily II that this nature blog wasn't significant to the business in the Waterlily blogs....  However, another issue came up here.  That is that I learned the meaning of "Morning Glory" is "restricted love."

The homosexual people don't want to associate with this meaning, I'm sure.  A lot of rights have been gained in North America and some other places, but the gays have really been COMING FROM a place of "restricted love...."  In some countries in the world, the practise of homosexuality is still regarded as a crime and that's sad, in my opinion.  And even for conservative Christians, like myself, who don't condone homosexuality we have to consider how to not just "tolerate" the differences but how to show kindness and mercy...?  And I've been writing about these and other issues in the Waterlily blogs for nine years, and writing and lobbying elsewhere for even longer....  Homosexuality is honestly a complicated issue; and it's an ongoing and progressive debate.

It happened that I didn't even plant the Morning Glory in my garden but a seed or two were somehow carried over from my neighbour's garden last summer...?--She had planted a lot of the flowers.--It seems to me that God made the flower grow in my garden so that some discussion could be generated in this blog?  Skeptics would scoff but I want to use this opportunity as I've stated....  And I don't mind using the nature blog to support the Waterlily blogs, although not only for that purpose....

P.S.  Have double-checked the Internet and apparently the Morning Glory has some other meanings as well, besides "restricted love," including ideas about love and mortality....  But "restricted love" is one of the meanings, regardless, and I believe it certainly applies--according to the characteristics of the flowers....

No comments:

Post a Comment