Friday, October 28, 2016

Gratitude

A while after my divorce, I met an exciting, "eligible bachelor"--with children who played with my son--and this man and I were friendly for a time.  But it didn't work out in the long run and I was feeling down.  My father came to visit one day, and he was a person who used the "power of gratitude" a lot in his life.  He said to me, "Well, Susan, what can you be thankful for?"  So I thought a little bit and decided, "I'm glad I don't have any divorce papers to handle!"  And I started feeling better right away!  [When I was going through the divorce, it seemed that my lawyer gave me pile after pile of papers to fill out.  And maybe they were necessary...?]

Many years ago, there was a pastor in my church who used to preach about gratitude.  He recommended to make a list of ten things you're thankful for and do it each day for ten days.... Nothing was too small to count--any simple things, or big things, could be used to express gratitude.  This pastor's name was Glenn Coon and he has various materials available on the Internet, at different sites.  [No specific website for him, that I've found.]  His materials seem to be free, or mostly free, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment