Friday, December 2, 2016

To Do Journaling, or not to...???

It's one thing to record your activities or thoughts and feelings in a diary or journal.... Myself, I've tried it a few times in my life.... But whenever I went back a little while later to re-read what I'd written, I somehow felt stupid...! [The journals might've helped to clarify my thoughts somewhat, at the time....]

However, in a book called "JumpStart Your Thinking," by a motivational speaker named John Maxwell, he recommended to keep a journal and write down new things that you learn...!  I've found I can also write some personal notes about how I'm applying what I've learned, etc. And this approach has transformed my journal-writing! I now enjoy it and get a lot of benefit from it--even when, or especially when, I go back and review my writing...!

Earlier, Tony Robbins had recommended to keep a "success journal."  Don't recall exactly what he said about it but I used one to record what I'd learned from the motivational speakers and experts in books and audio books.

There are blank, hard-cover notebooks that can be purchased from dollar stores and business stores.... And even the lined, school notebooks can be helpful....

A link for John Maxwell is listed in the sidebar of this blog. And I'll post Mr. Robbins' website again: www.TonyRobbins.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment